Sunday, February 4, 2007

Web Browsers I Like.

Web Browsers-What I like and use in a Windows Environment.

My favorite and preferred browser is Maxthon (1.59).


http://www.maxthon.com/index.htm
http://www.maxthon.com/index.htm
I love it for its:
-Lower memory use compared to Internet Explorer and Firefox.
-Tabs Browsing. Every browser has this feature now, but Maxthon’s is intuitive and fun to use.
-Mouse Gestures. This feature lets you use the mouse to navigate a web without the need to click on the navigation buttons.
-Super-Drag-and-Drop. You can do keyword searches by highlighting any word(s), clicking on the highlighted term, dragging it and dropping (i.e. letting go of the mouse button). The browser will then search for the word in the search engine of your choice.
-Plug-Ins. You can customize Maxthon with a variety of features, anyway you want.
-Ad-Hunter. Which kills and reduces annoying ads and pop ups. However, sometimes the site won’t function as smooths, but it is usually due to the ads.
-Favorites Bar. This is a handy feature to look for bookmarks.
-Multiple search engines. Pretty handy if you need to use different searches.
-The online community is very robust and active in the development and support of Maxthon.


My second preferred is Opera.

http://www.opera.com/
I love it for its:
-Speed. Webpages load fast.
-As a test browser in case I am having problems with the Internet or Maxthon (which is not often).
-It has some of the above features found in Maxthon. However it is not as intuitive to use as Maxthon.

Give it a try. Your browsing experience may be greatly improved, and be taken to the next level.

1 comment:

wantonlife said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these browsers! I tried Opera some time ago, and I found myself reverting to Firefox. I once tried using Avant, a shell for IE, but it was really buggy.